Advice on IMac to macbook trade

Reaction score
I have a offer to trade mid 2011 IMac 21.5 in i5 2.4 ghz 500gig HDD with 12gig RAM straight up for mid 2009 15in MacBook pro unibody 2.5 dual core 500gig 4gig ram. Both excellent condition I just want some advice on if i should go through with it or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
You're trading a 6 month old iMac, for a 2 and a half year old MacBook Pro, with a slower processor and less RAM. Personally I don't think it's a good trade. Early 2011 model yeah, but not an '09 one.

If you're that set on getting a MBP, sell your iMac and put the money towards buying a new MacBook.

Edit - You could buy a second hand '11 model for the money you'd get for your iMac.

OP
J
Reaction score
You're trading a 6 month old iMac, for a 2 and a half year old MacBook Pro, with a slower processor and less RAM. Personally I don't think it's a good trade. Early 2011 model yeah, but not an '09 one.

If you're that set on getting a MBP, sell your iMac and put the money towards buying a new MacBook.

Edit - You could buy a second hand '11 model for the money you'd get for your iMac.

Thanks for the advice I am now offerd a trade for a 2011 13 inch i5 mbp is that better because I cant seem to sell this IMac. People dont seem to want to buy them as much as macbook pros.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Yeah that's definitely better on your part, if it's the base model, then they cost the same when new so it's a basic swap. If its anything bar the basic model then you're getting an even better deal.

I'm guessing the reason people don't want them as much, is lack of portability, which is why I'm guessing you want to trade? I don't blame you, sometimes I wish I'd bought a MBP instead, but I love my iMac regardless.

If this MBP is in good condition, and has nothing wrong with it, then I'd go with it. Ultimately the choice is yours. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.