Logic board

Reaction score
I don't know where to post this so guess I'll start here.

A month ago the screen of my MBP turned green & pink. The Apple Store replaced my logic board for free, even though my MB is out of warranty (I purchased it new in Dec 2009, tho Apple is telling me it's an early 2008 MB, which ticks me off but can't do anything about it now).

A week later my MB screen went black, took it back to Apple Store, they replaced the logic board again, for free.

Since then the lag on this computer is unbearable. It's taken 20 minutes to type this post because the whirling beach ball of doom is continously appearing. It takes up to 90 seconds to access a web site at times. Watching a YouTube video is impossible. That NEVER happened before the logic board was replaced.

Do you think this problem is related and am I being reasonable in thinking it's related, or is my MBP on its way out so there's going to be just one problem after another from now on?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take it back to the Apple store which replaced the logic board. Be polite and ask to see the service manager. Obviously something is not working right after the board was replaced the second time. Be persistent with them, but in a nice way, until they get it right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.