macbook '07 charging issue?

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I bought my macbook from USA and after a while the charger went to i replace it with a UK charger and it wont charge my macbook? Could it be a faulty charger or?

Ive now also got my brothers old battey in the and still the same problem?

Cheers,
Josh

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only difference between a US and UK charger is the type of plug used because of the different AC mains. It's possible the battery needs to be replaced.

OP
P
Reaction score
The only difference between a US and UK charger is the type of plug used because of the different AC mains. It's possible the battery needs to be replaced.

Thanks for your reply. So if I get a new battery it should sort the issue? You don't think it's an issue with the batteries connector?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What I would do is first replace the MagSafe Charger unit since that's less expensive before replacing the battery. Buy the charger unit from a vendor who will refund your money if that's not the problem. Batteries are usually a non return item.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.