trick/tweak to show all apps in dock application folder.

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I forgot the name of the tweak/trick/app but what it does is it makes all your applications show when clicking to spring open the "applications" folder on your dock...like if you have oh-so-many applications and hate scrolling the entire list...when you click to spring load the applications folder from the dock...it will display ALL your icons...obviously in a smaller fashion..:)

Does anyone remember how to get that going again?? I had it on my old macbook pro and i just got a new iMac but i forgot how to go about getting that...haha =/

if anyone knows/remembers...please let me know! :) thank u!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Right click the folder an it's one of the options in there. Away from Mac at the moment so cant be specific. Might be listed under view as "fan" or something.

Basically, right click the folder in the dock and the option will jump out at you.

OP
D
Reaction score
Right click the folder an it's one of the options in there. Away from Mac at the moment so cant be specific. Might be listed under view as "fan" or something.

Basically, right click the folder in the dock and the option will jump out at you.

Thank You but this isn't what I'm looking for...I want to keep the folder to spring open as a "grid"...but the grid will consist of ALL my applications...here's a link to a picture...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2010/09/1739807583f499bb0d0eo.png

notice all the applications show...it's like an app or a tweak or something that enables this...i just forgot what it's called...:mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
You need to right click the folder and choose Display as a Stack as opposed to a folder.
Clicking on it will then give the result you want.

OP
D
Reaction score
You need to right click the folder and choose Display as a Stack as opposed to a folder.
Clicking on it will then give the result you want.

thank u again but it's not what i'm looking for. yes it shows the icons in a grid format but if u have a large lists of applications...u still have to scroll through the list if the application happens to be at the bottom for example.

what i'm looking for is...to have the folder to open in a GRID format but with every single icon and folder displayed in the initial spring...(no scrolling necessary). every icon is displayed from the initial single click to spring load the folder from the dock...

it looks very similar to this...

http://onemac.org/MacApps/TopFreeApps/3433976505_92923d8d52.jpg

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/applicationsgrid.png

http://lowendmac.com/zisman/09az/xmenu/02-grid-view.jpg

sorry for making this so complicated...=/ I know there's a program called "TODOS" that can do this but i don't want a separate application for this...it's a tweak or something that integrates into the EXISTING applications folder on the dock...*single click and all apps/folders show all on 1 grid without scrolling* :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
All you have to do is hit cmd and the minus key ( - ) when in grid view and those icons will shrink, enabling everything to be seen in one shot.

Doug

OP
D
Reaction score
All you have to do is hit cmd and the minus key ( - ) when in grid view and those icons will shrink, enabling everything to be seen in one shot.

Doug

wow! that's new...I never knew about that one...:D :D

thank u very much!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.