iPod touch reboots when charging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Dual 800 Mhz, 2nd Gen. iPod touch 8GB
Hey everyone, my iPod touch (2nd gen, 8GB, non-MC) has been rebooting every time I try to charge it. I plugged it into my phone's wall charger last night (which I've done before with no issues), and when I woke up, it showed the red battery icon with the lightning bolt under it. After a few seconds, the Apple logo appears. The screen is dim at first, then it switches to full brightness. Shortly after that, it goes dark, shows the red battery icon, and the cycle repeats again. I haven't been able to get it to completely boot, and it doesn't appear in iTunes.

Things I've tried:

- Plugging it into my desktop and laptop's USB ports.
- Holding down the power and home buttons at the same time.
- Waiting for a while, then trying again.

I haven't yet gone to the Apple store, since I'd rather fix it myself, if I can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Is the device jailbroke. Also have you tried restoring the ipod to see if that does the trick if not then it is something that is wrong with the hardware.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Dual 800 Mhz, 2nd Gen. iPod touch 8GB
Well, I thought I'd give a quick update for future Googlers. I know how much I hate it when someone has a problem and never shares how they ended up solving it. I did end up taking the iPod to the Apple Store. The genius plugged it into his Air, and held down the home and power buttons at the same time (which, if you read the first post, I had already tried quite a few times), and lo and behold, it worked perfectly. He restored it to factory settings for me and I drove home with a working iPod. I will never doubt the Apple Store again; I swear it's magic.

Reaction score
Try this thing, turn off your ipod touch, and then keep on charging for whole at least 20 to 22 hours then turn on ipod, after this you will never again face problem of rebooting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.