Reconnect to network on boot?

pal

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell my mini (running tiger), to automatically reconnect to my nas drive when it powers up or comes out of sleep?

It can connect no problems at all if I navigate manually through the network and tell it to connect. It would just be easier if it would auto-connect without intervention, or even if it just required confirmation of the nas drive password.

Thanks in anticipation,

Pal

S

supremeoverlord

you can have the folders or drive symbol in your dock and then when you clicked it would ask for passwords, but I don't know about auto connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i know that if you want them to connect on start up, you could drag the drive into the startup drive. but as for when waking, i am not sure

OP
P

pal

Reaction score
fearlessfreap24 said:
i know that if you want them to connect on start up, you could drag the drive into the startup drive. but as for when waking, i am not sure

Sorry to be a complete noob, but HOW?

The only folder I can find that looks like it might be the startup folder you speak of (System\Library\StartupItems), won't allow the icon on the desktop that appears when I connect to the nas drive to be dragged to it. It just greys out the icon, and bounces it right back to the desktop where it came from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
sorry it took so long for me to reply.

goto system preferences
click on accounts
then click on start up items

i believe that once you have your drive mounted, drag and drop it to the list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.