Word and PP won't save or print

Reaction score
Help! All of a sudden, I am having trouble with Word. When I opened a new doc, typed some stuff, then tried to save it, it won't save. The little red circle in the top left hand corner goes gray, and on the Edit menu, the save and save as are grayed out. Same thing happens with Powerpoint. (I don't use Excel.) Then I can't quit the applications unless I use Force Quit.
I am on an iMac using Snow Leopard with Office for Mac 2004, I purposely bought an iMac with Snow Leopard and not Lion because my Office would not have worked with Lion.

I tried shutting down and rebooting. Same thing still happens. Do I need to reinstall Office?

Please help soon! I have lots of work I need to get done. :eek:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please use our search function in the future. If you had, you would have found this thread which tells you how to solve your problem. LINK

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks, chscag. I downloaded the update and all is well. Sorry I didn't search first, but I was too busy panicking to think logically and find my way around the site!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's OK. Wasn't picking on you... just wanted to point out our search feature can be very helpful. Glad you got it working again. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.