6750M vs 6770M

Reaction score
6750M vs 6770M Video Cards

Hello all!
I'm currently writing from a Windows Laptop and will hopefully be replying from a Macbook Pro very soon.

I'm looking at both of the 15" MBP and the graphics card is one of the last things to settle on.

Basically it's between the AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5 and the AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5.

Although I am a photographer and do light video editing, it's my understanding that the GPU doesn't need to be a powerhouse for 2D rendering stuff that the CPU will mostly take care of. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

So that leaves the choice of graphics card to how they will affect my gaming performance.

I'm a simple gamer and usually stay away from massive multiplayer games like TES and MW3. I love the indie market and the most GPU intensive stuff I like to play is Portal 2 and Half Life 2.

Will buying the lower end model with the 6750M make that much of a difference in the type of games I'll be playing the next 5 years (when I'll probably upgrade again)?

I know HL3 is on the way and gods know how demanding that game will be (especially if they combine in with the Portal platform!! please please please), and I don't want to be left being able to play all my old games a blistering speeds while chugging along on anything new coming out.

Any input on these two cards?

Many thanks,
Paul

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you had the budget...I would say go for the 15" MacBook Pro with the 6770M. But $400 more is a fair amount of cash...and given that you say that you're a "simple gamer"...the 6750M will probably be fine.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As with any new purchase or upgrade. Get the highest spec you can for your budget.

This is especially true of kit like a MacBook. There are so few parts that can be upgraded. Once the choice is made there's only hard disk and ram you can change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.