Why is my iPhone 4S making annoying alert sounds?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad 3rd Gen, AppleTV
Arrrggghh!! :Shouting::Shouting::Shouting:

For the last two days my iPhone 4S has decided to make intermittent alert sounds for no apparent reason.

When I purchased the phone a few months back, I thoroughly went through the Notifications in Settings to turn off all unwanted notifications and badges etc. I've re-checked and can't find anything unusual. So I'm pulling my hair out as to why it's making this sound, especially when no banner pops up to tell me, "Congratulations, you've just won nothing!!!" No app has a badge count on it either, so I'm at a loss ...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Each app can have sound, badges, banners.

Do any of them have sounds selected. They can be switched off independantly so maybe you have an app with just sounds and nothing else.

OP
Tazzie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad 3rd Gen, AppleTV
Thanks for that. :D

I've just gone through each App in the Notifications setting and turned off sound one by one for all of them.

Fingers crossed ...

Reaction score
Same problem

I have turned all the sounds off as well as the badges yet every so often when I get an email the alert tune sounds.
Very annoying.
Is there anything else I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I have turned all the sounds off as well as the badges yet every so often when I get an email the alert tune sounds.
Very annoying.
Is there anything else I can do?

You can go into Settings, scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and turn "Fetch New Data" off. Then there won't be anything to alert you about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Or you can go into the Sounds in the Settings app and scroll to New Mail and switch the tone to None.

Reaction score
I'll try

The big problem was getting my email on a regular basis, but I was having difficulty sending mail. I was told not to use it and just use the Xfinity app instead.
I turned the email to manual and the ****ed thing just happened again when I received a new email.

Reaction score
Nothing changes

Everything that was suggested I had already done or did again.
It is still the same,
This an Iphone 4s.

Reaction score
It is set to vibrate.

The alert tone happens only sporadically. Everything, except my ringtone, is OFF and vibrate is on.
I think I need some kind of patch but I haven't heard of one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.