Broken application will not delete (even with terminal commands)

Reaction score
I had a broken application which was broken when trying to delete it. It was bugged in my trash can and refused to delete with empty and secure empty trash. I then tried to empty my trash and delete the file specifically with sudo commands in terminal which did not work. This file seems to be stuck on my computer. Is there any way to remove it without reformatting my computer (which would be a giant pain because I dont have immediate access to my mac disks)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Did it come with an uninstaller? If so, download and run, and use the uninstaller. If not, download AppTrap, freeware, again set up application, drag to Trash and AppTrapp will move all associated files.

Another recommendation is try a simple reboot.

OP
R
Reaction score
It did not come with an installer, and I my computer has been rebooted several times since. I will try AppTrap and see if that helps.

Update: AppTrap did nothing, it did not prompt me. It seems to be an empty shell of what used to be an application (no package contents/etc) and just makes my computer lag when empting trash with the error: The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “gixV5cfVehMb4G” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.