Help Mac book pro software update stuck on moving ittrms

Reaction score
Hi gang I am a recent Mac book pro owner and did the software updated this morning and it's stuck on installing 2 items ... Moving items into place

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a backup, (Time Machine or clone) force power the machine off, and do a restore from backup. What software update is it stuck on?

Reaction score
I have the same thing. And I forced a shut down and now when starting up it won't go further that the Apple logo, help please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have the same thing. And I forced a shut down and now when starting up it won't go further that the Apple logo, help please!

That's why in my reply above I specified that "if you have a backup", force power off. If you have no backup, you may be forced to reinstall.

Reaction score
All fixed! I couldn't do a restore because I couldn't get past the Apple Logo screen. Tried rebooting (3rd time) and held down the shift key... got the option to select which user and signed on ok!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.