HD not showing at startup manager for OS installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My MacBook Pro gave me the panic screen last week and i went to Apple store. They wanted $200 to fix it without a backup. So i came home did a backup (I connected it with a USB adapter to my PC because my other Mac couldn't see it on either the desktop or the DiskUtility). With a MacDrive software i have formatted it (to Machintosh Journaled HFS+). So now my HD is like a new one, empty and formatted.

I don't have my DVD's, so i downloaded the MAC OS 10.6.3 (the one that was before) and i have did a USB Flash Drive installer (which i found directions how to online) because it is more than 4.7GB.

2 problems:
1. I can't see the HD when i click on Options to get into the Startup Manager.
2. When i click on the USB image on the Startup Mnagaer it goes to the gray Apple logo (without the round loader) and stuck there.

If someone knows how to fix it, it will be great.

Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where did you download 10.6.3?

OP
Y
Reaction score
I found the download on torrent search. I have restored the DMG file with DiskUtility to the USB drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
Did you buy it from Apple store ?

OP
Y
Reaction score
As you can see in my first post, i have downloaded the software online, I found it on torrent. To order from Apple is $29.99 and it will take me time to get it!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sorry but we can not help you any further since you illegally downloaded OS X. We do not discuss or offer help in these forums for illegal activities. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.