system preference unresponsive

Reaction score

Hi
im a new member here
and i hope to find a solution for my problem wish is the system preference not responce

i was search on it but no solution work
i tried this solution but doesn't work
:'(

This seems to be happening to a lot of users including myself when loading some new wallpaper. After downloading Wallpapers HD Lite from the App Store, the desktop and screensavor application within system preferences froze which I had to force quit. When trying to launch system preferences, the application defaulted to the desktop and screensavor application which was frozen. Holding down the shift key and launching system preferences worked, however, the desktop and screensavor application was still freezing up. Here's what I did to fix the issue:

A) Completely uninstalled Wallpapers HD Lite using an application called App Cleaner.

1) Click finder then Go. Holding down the option key, click Library then click preferences. Look for a file called com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Drag this file into the trashcan and empty the trash.

2) Re-start the system.

3) Open Disk Utility in the Utilities folder. Navigate to the Macintosh HD drive and click repair disk permissions at the bottom.

4) Run a complete diagnostic with an application called Onyx, then restart the computer again.

5) Open finder, then create a new folder called iPhoto. Drag the iPhoto Library into the newly created folder and close the finder window.

6) Hold down the option key, then launch the iPhoto application. Click the Choose Library button and navigate to the newly created folder. Click the Choose button.

After running the above fix sequence, the desktop and screensavor application within system preferences became functional, however, an hour later, it froze up again.

Note that Wallpapers HD Lite had placed a folder called Wallpapers HD Lite in the Library folder under Application Support which contained a jpeg file used as my current wallpaper. The wallpaper jpeg file downloaded from the wallpaper app was being used my current wallpaper, however, the application had been deleted using the application called App Cleaner as previously mentioned. I think this was why the desktop and screensaver application froze a second time.

in the green color is the solution i was found it in apple discussions

i need another solution plz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
OMG! Repost with a more reasonable font size please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It looks to me like you did everything that needed to be tried up through step 4. Starting with step 5 though, you didn't really address a possible problem with the iPhoto Library, but instead simply moved it to a new location. What I would try is creating a new one entirely. To do so:

1: While holding down the OPTION key, double-click on iPhoto. You will get a pop-up dialogue. Select Create New…

2: After making the new iPhoto Library, add a couple desktop photos to it for experimentation. This new library will also become the default one until you repeat the OPTION-launch combo to select the old.

3: Re-delete com.apple.systempreferences.plist as you did before.

4: Try changing your desktop wallpaper to something from your new iPhoto Library.

Hopefully this will settle that. If so, and if you have photos in the old iPhoto Library you need to recover, reload the old library and use the Import to Library… option and send them to the new library you are using. But test out the new one for a bit to be sure the problems have been solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.