iPad Safari back button doesn't go back !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
My better half is complaining that when she visits a site clicks on a link to another page on the same site, clicks the back button to go back to the previous page !!!!!, it doesn't go back, instead it opens a page that is on another Tab.

To get back to the page she wanted she has to click on the relevant Tab on the tool bar.

This is surely wrong ?, why doesn't Back mean Back ?

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does this happen on every site? Or just a particular site? Does this same site behave differently on a desktop/laptop?

Sounds as though the site is open a link in a new tab. If she's having to touch on a particular tab to continue the navigation she can't be still on the same page...... so the back button won't work. It doesn't work cross-tab. Effectively each tab has it's own back/forward history.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi mrplow, yes it is dammed strange, it only happens on my wifes iPad and it happens on every site.

did i explain it clearly enough, i have now made a slight amendment to the original !!! :-

"she visits a site, clicks on a link to another page on the same site, clicks the back button to go back to the previous page !!!!!, it doesn't go back, instead it opens a completely different site which is on a different TAB, the page that she was hoping to go back to, is also on another Tab !"

tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Have tried powering off the iPad and turning it back on again?

I find most iPad issues are resolved by doing this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Agreed, clear down all apps, fully power down the iPad and restart. If that doesn't solve it I'd suggest a backup - restore - re-sync

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Agreed, clear down all apps, fully power down the iPad and restart. If that doesn't solve it I'd suggest a backup - restore - re-sync

Power down/up made no difference !, Fair enough Pal, thanks, it looks as if that is what i shall have to do LOL.

The last time i did anything as drastic as this to my wifes beloved iPad was when i upgraded it to iOS5 she INSISTS it hasn't been any dammed good since, hhhhmmmm

tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.