Running windows on G4 PPC

Reaction score
I just downloaded Guest PC and nothing was happening until I realized I need to actually install a windows software. Duh! My question is can I download it right to the Mac or do I need a Windows CD?

Also if anyone can provide more info on running windows on a PPC I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
That machine won't run Windows. You need and Intel-based Mac to do that. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 8,1 (2.4/8/500/10.7.3)
According to Guest PC's website, you'll need an installation CD:

Guest PC: How To Install Windows

You'll be emulating an entire x86 system, so performance will probably not be great. I'm sure it'll be usable enough (people got by with such solutions before Intel-based Macs came along), but it's something to keep in mind.

C

chas_m

Prepare for the slowest Windows you've ever experienced. For that system, I'd *strongly* recommend nothing higher than Windows XP. Remember also that you'll need to install an Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware system of some kind of that Windows install is going to connect to the internet.

I'm pleased to see that something even EXISTS as an option for PPC users, but I must be blunt and tell you there's no way I'd pay that kind of money for an experience that is sure to be awful compared to genuine PCs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As chas_m suggests, just give it a miss. Probably the best emulator for PowerPC machines was VirtualPC from Microsoft which has been unsupported now for many years.

And even as the 'best' it was diabolical!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.