Sound not working on Windows

Reaction score
Hi, I know this question has been answered several times but no answer helped my situation.

The sound on my windows 7 side of my Mac was working perfectly fine until yesterday. It was yesterday that I attempted connecting my turtle beach x12 headphones into the laptop and couldn't get any sound to come through. I went to the sound control in my control panel and disabled the speakers and enabled the headphones, the sound was able to come through but BARELY...to the point that I couldn't hear anything except the loudest of noises.

I gave up on using my headphones and re enabled my speakers to discover that they weren't working anymore. I attempted restarting the computer but that didn't solve the issue. I still have yet to discover what the problem is because my computer is telling me that the sound is working. The only thing I've noticed is that when I attempt to play sound the red LED light from the headphone jack lights up which I assume means it thinks headphones are still plugged in.

Any help as to why my sound wouldn't start working after attempting to re-enable it? (My turtle beach x12 headphones work on my Mac partition but no the Windows one.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use a strong toothpick or a thin piece of plastic to insert in the headphone jack and wiggle it around a bit to see if you can reset the jack. Once the red light goes out, it will return to normal.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hmm, I was trying to get the light to turn off with a bobby pin but it wouldn't turn the light off...in fact, it keeps the light on indefinitely. When I don't have anything plugged in the light turns off on its own when no sound is being made but if I take the bobby pin and wiggle it in the jack then the light stays on. Is a bobby pin to large to fit into the sensor area?

Also tried it with something much smaller (a staple unwound) and that wouldn't turn the light off either.

I updated boot camp here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Boot...for-MacBook-Pro-13-Inch-Mid-2010-143003.shtml

This fixed my issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.