Office 2011 for Mac

Reaction score
Hi, I have a macbook pro and I've installed my copy of Office 2011, having first installed it on my previous iMac. If I was to completely erase my macbook pro, for example to sell it, would I be able to reinstall Office 2011 given that the product key has been used twice? I'm hoping that as it would be the third installation but on only two computers it will be ok.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you erased it on the old one, then its fine, its your software

Reaction score
IIRC, the software keys on previous versions primarily became an issue when multiple copies were running at the same time on a network. I run two MBP's (13" & 15") and an office iMac all with the same copy loaded onto it. I only run one at a time. I know I got an error message at one time, and I think that was when I was actually running both MBP's at the same time and inadvertently launched Office on the second MBP.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think the same thing is applicable for Office 2011 as it was for Office 2008 or earlier versions. Office 2011 is the first version of Mac Office that requires activation. If you purchased the 3 install version, the same product id serial number can be used three times regardless if it's networked or not.

However, if Mac Office activation is anything like its Windows counter part, I believe the activation data base is cleared after 120 days. Or you can always call MS and get a new code after explaining.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.