Huge problem with safari/wireless

Reaction score
My safari and wireless works perfectly at home, but it fails to work while I'm at school. The wireless that is set up here automatically opens safari and allows you to log into their server .. But it randomly stopped working , freezes safari and will not open. My connection is fine, and safari is fine because it works at home, but once at school safari completely freezes and will not connect. I downloaded google chrome at home and that still will not open up the page that allows me to enter my username/password/ help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Check your IP address next time. If it is a 169 address, you wont work with the network.

Also, delete your wireless connection for the school and reconnect.

I have seen this issue before, but unfortunately it is probably not with your computer, but the school needs to reboot their router.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It also wouldn't hurt talking to the IT department/computer services group at your school. I say this because every school (or at least the ones I've visited) all do things a little differently with regards to the wireless setup. It could therefore be a Mac issue or a school issue. Either way, they'd be able to help you out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.