Malware via Facebook ... does this affect Mac users ... ?

Reaction score
Hi peps .... due to the recent threat of Malware (again) gracing the internet, I am reading info about lots of Facebook Malware that is causing problems for people in 2012. Does this just affect Pc users, or is this also affecting any Mac users.?

Certain viral video links (and other links) seem to be causing havoc, and I am also reading about lots of various Malware that is also being used through gaming, Facebook pages, pictures, etc. I have not clicked on any links/videos/games etc (thankfully) but I am slightly concerned of late that things have changed in 2012 ...

I have read several threads already on this forum that reckon Mac's do not need any Antivirus software .... but in 2012, has this changed ...?

It seems that lots of things have changed since the other threads relating to these issues were posted/replied to.

I am quite internet savvy, and I have ran AVG's free software on the Pc, just wanting to know if there is an equivalent that scans for Malware, Trojans, Spyware etc .... and it does need to be free!!

Any info on any of the points raised above would be mucho appreciated by me and other users who may have the same queries and online worries.

Also, please watch the latest "BBC Click" program, it does highlight some important issues that have arisen recently in the banking sector.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.