Where in the WORLD has all my space gone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hey guys. I've got a refurbished 2008 White MacBook, which had a hard drive replacement about a year or so ago. So this drive was given to me BLANK with no data on it. It's a 160 GB, and I currently have 16GB of that left. I've got 7 GB of iTunes stuff, some videos, and a whole bunch of documents (most of which are pretty small...nothing crazy). I've set up Smart Folders to scan my drive for anything over a particular size. I've cleared my drive of just about anything over 110MB, and there are NO files on my internal drive over 500MB. So being that none of my documents are large files, and there are NO large files on this drive, where is all my space going? I seriously do not understand it. It's like something is mysteriously eating at my storage capacity...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.
I second disk inventory X. It's a great tool to use. I found that I somehow had duplicates of almost all media and a 2 garage band libraries installed at like 25 gigs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.