MacMail Help

P

PEA

Is there a way to indicate whether you want a copy of the email you're sending saved in the sent file. I am accustomed to Outlook, where you can do that, but I don't see a place on MacMail. So, what's happening is that every email I send is saved and I have to go back and dump them and cull.
Please advise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
PEA said:
Is there a way to indicate whether you want a copy of the email you're sending saved in the sent file. I am accustomed to Outlook, where you can do that, but I don't see a place on MacMail. So, what's happening is that every email I send is saved and I have to go back and dump them and cull.
Please advise.

You could probably set this up with rules and an applescript

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
PEA said:
rules: didn't work
applescript?

Rules and an applescript. I say that because there is an option to run a script in actions portion of the rules pane. As for an actual script I cant really help you there, but there might be some on Apple's download site.

Also you might find better assistance on Apples own support forums they have a special forum just for Mail.

OP
P

PEA

IronMac said:
Rules and an applescript. I say that because there is an option to run a script in actions portion of the rules pane. As for an actual script I cant really help you there, but there might be some on Apple's download site.

Also you might find better assistance on Apples own support forums they have a special forum just for Mail.

Please, please tell me how to access the Apple Forums. I have .Mac and I also looked everywhere---well, obviously not everwhere, but I would really appreciate your telling me how to access.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.