• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Super bowl 46 Pats versus Giants

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision
Wow surprised no one has mentioned this before.

Shirley our life is not all megs and hard drives ;P and don't call me Shirley :)

This is a great Superbowl not just for the fans but for the media, networks and football legacies.

Two great coaches, 1 and a half great quarterbacks and one of the worst defensive in the history of all sports yet the Pats with The greatest coach of all time are in it.

Have you guys seen the NE defense? It's like a spin off of the Bad news Bears. Just like the movie Major League I find myself saying who are these effin guys?

Their last Superbowl they went in like Mike Tyson thinking they were unbeatable and got stuffed by the surprising Giants. This year is Eli Mannings best year and the defensive is better than the Pats but I think Belichick will be prepared and the Gronkster will spike the ball one or two times.

30-27 in favor of the Pats

This Superbowl will break all viewership records.

Pats do it for... Belichick
Bob Krafts wife -Myra Kraft
Brady of course but one more for the one of the most respected guys in football - Kevin Faulk who will most certainly retire this year.

I hope you guys have fun watching the game no matter who you route for!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I really dislike both teams, so I won't be rooting for either team. :)

I'm kind of tired of the same teams being in the Superbowl... Like, can some other team please win a few games and make it to the Superbowl!

Oh well, it's going to be fun hanging out with friends and eating lots of food!

OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alex that is a good answer :)

At least you can watch the commercials :)
Winning a Championship starts at the top with ownership and works its way down. I really wanted to see the 49ers this year in the Superbowl that would have been a great storyline.

I think the makeup for teams will be a lot different in the upcoming years. The 49ers, Panthers and Lions will be play makers. So you will soon get your wish.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'll be watching because I always do. It has lost a bit of interest for me since neither the Saints or Cowboys are involved. Personally if neither of those teams could make it I was kinda rooting for any AFC team but the Pats.

Not normally an AFC guy but I just could not bring myself to root for either the Giants or Niners. Still haven't gotten over some of the beatings Montana and Young put on the Saints back in the day. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm not going to lie, I don't really care that much about this game, but I lived in NYC during my younger years, so I will root for them, especially since I greatly dislike The Patriots. I'm more so looking forward to the new car commercials, along with some other entertaining ones.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I could care less about football (or most professional sports for that matter), but I will certainly enjoy the commercials. Isn't that the whole point?

I was born and spent the first 10 years of my life in Clifton, NJ - about 15 minutes away from where the New Jersey Giants play, so I suppose I should root for them. But to be honest, I don't care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
So its tonight then, I'll probably fall asleep before I can watch it here in the UK, but I may have a look - but dont expect me to make it through the game as it plays in the early hours here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm excited we're almost there everyone :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I really wanted to see the 49ers this year in the Superbowl that would have been a great storyline.
Um, yeah, if the Ravens had gotten in as well.

I could care less about football (or most professional sports for that matter), but I will certainly enjoy the commercials.
DVR it and then you can skip the game. ;)

I'll be pulling for the Giants, and watching on my new HD TV, just set up yesterday!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'll be watching because I always do. It has lost a bit of interest for me since neither the Saints or Cowboys are involved. Personally if neither of those teams could make it I was kinda rooting for any AFC team but the Pats.

C'mon Sly, you mean you're not rooting for Archie Manning's son? Can't forget all the years Archie played for New Orleans.... One of the greatest QBs of all times. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Last two minutes...I'm practically standing on my chair! Go Giants!

EDIT: Ohhhh yeaahhhhh! Nice game Giants!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Well...I'm from Maine so obviously I was rooting for the patriots. But after seeing what I just saw, I'll honestly never support them again. At least not as long as Brady is still there. He needs to be traded IMMEDIATELY. The defense needs a major overhaul as well.

OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow what an awesome game but in the end NE lost.

Trading Brady would be like when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth. NE needs real defensive players. Their front line is awesome but their secondary is a mess.

Congrats NY fans :( Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I used to be a big fan of The Pats, as well as most eastern teams, but it's the Pat's..."dominating"(can't use the real word I want to use) attitude that makes me not care for them anymore. They think they are the best, yet the Giants beat them twice at the most important game of the year. I don't think I'm alone in this judgment either.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have to say, I'm not a big fan, but that game was fun to watch... a real nail biter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Wow what an awesome game but in the end NE lost.

Trading Brady would be like when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth. NE needs real defensive players. Their front line is awesome but their secondary is a mess.

Congrats NY fans :( Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.

The offense is at fault just as much as the defense. Honestly, neither team played very well tonight, the Giants certainly had some issues, it's just that the Patriots "stunk more than the Giants" so to speak.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
C'mon Sly, you mean you're not rooting for Archie Manning's son? Can't forget all the years Archie played for New Orleans.... One of the greatest QBs of all times. ;)
Haven't forgotten that. I've rooted for Peyton Manning on numerous occasions. The Saints would probably have gotten a lot better sooner had he gone there rather than Indy but that was not going to happen. The franchise was a mess then.

I was caught in a dilemma this time. I didn't really want to root for the Giants but I am getting tired of sports writers talking about Brady as though he walks on water.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Good game - terrible halftime show - as usual. I found myself rooting for Manning - although I have no real skin in the game either way. Just glad it was a well contested game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.