• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Super bowl 46 Pats versus Giants

Reaction score
Two great coaches, 1 and a half great quarterbacks and one of the worst defensive in the history of all sports yet the Pats with The greatest coach of all time are in it.

I always thought Brady was a pretty good QB. I'm surprised you only credit him with being 'half-great'.
mathews_dontknow.gif

OP
Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision
Indychris that was good! again great game but I am still crying and on my third box of Kleenex.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
American football is just Rugby for girls....;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I honestly forgot the game was yesterday until I read online some article about the commercials. Oh well. How many runs did the winning team bat in? LOL

Reaction score
Indychris that was good! again great game but I am still crying and on my third box of Kleenex.

Yeah, that had to be a rough one for NE fans. Just be glad you weren't a Colts fan this year!
mathews_cry_laughing.gif

At least SOME Manning won at Lucas Oil Stadium this year.
mathews_grin.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" '07 Lion 10.7 BlackBook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 500 GB SATA 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM GMA 950 64 MB
I just loved the winning touchdown the Giants got, when he got right to the line and instead of running through it he just sat right down! That was great. Even though I live in Maine, my friend and I were voting for the Giants. Some of my other friends were voting for the Pats and I bet them that the Giants were gonna take it home and they sure did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I just loved the winning touchdown the Giants got, when he got right to the line and instead of running through it he just sat right down! That was great. Even though I live in Maine, my friend and I were voting for the Giants. Some of my other friends were voting for the Pats and I bet them that the Giants were gonna take it home and they sure did.

Of course you know he sat down in an effort NOT to score because they wanted more time to run out. The Packers allowed the Broncos to score a late touchdown in Super Bowl XXXII in order to preserve time. In both cases, the defensive indifference failed to provide enough time for that team to put up their own score.

And, it it was truly a VOTE, I doubt a New York team would ever win. The rest of the country hates New York teams.

Reaction score
Of course you know he sat down in an effort NOT to score because they wanted more time to run out. The Packers allowed the Broncos to score a late touchdown in Super Bowl XXXII in order to preserve time. In both cases, the defensive indifference failed to provide enough time for that team to put up their own score.

And, it it was truly a VOTE, I doubt a New York team would ever win. The rest of the country hates New York teams.

That may well be the case where you are, but around here I can assure you that there are MANY more passionate Belechick/Brady haters than Giants haters. A lot of folks I know don't like Ryan and the Jets either, but that's less an issue of 'locale' than it is Ryan's obnoxious attitude, IMO.

No question this year that a bunch of Indiana folk (including myself) were rooting for the Giants because of the Manning connection, though.

Nonetheless, I think the Pats are one of those polarizing teams that many people either love/hate. I don't get that sense with the Giants. Now NY and baseball…that's another issue entirely...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
American football is just Rugby for girls....;P

apparently this is a sexist comment....haha. people on this site need to chill out a bit...

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
apparently this is a sexist comment....haha. people on this site need to chill out a bit...

I didn't take it as sexist - I just took it as the ramblings of a Brit...who thinks the only sports worth playing are one where you kick a ball incessantly for hours and are content with a 0-0 score; where a large part of the game is falling on the ground and pretending you're in horrible horrible pain until someone comes out with a magic spray can and makes you all better - or one where people swing a flat piece of wood at a ball - while the outfielders stand for hours on end with nothing to do and could actually leave the pitch and no one would even notice. A game that can take a week just to determine the outcome. So naturally - it was disregarded :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't take it as sexist - I just took it as the ramblings of a Brit...who thinks the only sports worth playing are one where you kick a ball incessantly for hours and are content with a 0-0 score; where a large part of the game is falling on the ground and pretending you're in horrible horrible pain until someone comes out with a magic spray can and makes you all better - or one where people swing a flat piece of wood at a ball - while the outfielders stand for hours on end with nothing to do and could actually leave the pitch and no one would even notice. A game that can take a week just to determine the outcome. So naturally - it was disregarded :p

hahaha, very true... or as my father would say of Rugby, 'there is no sense in a sport where the object of the game is to get the ball forward by throwing it backwards'...

still at least it's not the 'world series' of one nation as in baseball..which i just cannot get the hang of..

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Rugby is the one English (International) sport I can get behind - if you google my name (save for the spelling) you'll see that it's related to that sport.

I think the world series was accurate once upon a time because we were the only country playing baseball. That of course...is no longer true - but we do hire most of the world's best players still.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.