Help white screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
I was just updating my Macbook Pro when the cat walked across and sat down on it as it is warm he sat on the power button and the whole thing shut down I tried to turn it back on and I just got the apple logo and spining wheel, I have put the original mac osx disk in and nothing happened what do I do. I would call apple but they are shut on Sunday and I hope to get an answer by the morning

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you running? If it's Lion, reboot the machine and hold down the option key as soon as you hear the chime. Select the recovery partition and reinstall Lion.

If the cat interrupted an update to Lion by shutting off the machine, it's likely the system is corrupt and will need to be reinstalled and the updates run again.

OP
Mac Mad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
What now

This has worked and is currently insltaling but when I installed it It would let me do it on the MacBook hardrive so I have done it on a wd element. And when I start it up will it be how I left it running on lion and all the apps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.