Safari Home Page - Inconsistent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" late 2011 / iP 6s / iPP 9.7"
Hi All,
Long time reader and only sometime poster.

Using MBP 8.2 late 2011 with OSX 10.7.3 and Safari 5.1.3.
The Homepage in Safari is inconsistent =. One minute it opens correctly and next only opens to last used. The selection, for re-open folders, as OSX closes (not expected I guess) does not seem to have any affect either.
I realise this is no big deal but curious to see if there is an answer to resolve this. Before you ask - the homepage selection and address is correct and as required in Safari Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to Mac-Forums Blazbo.
How long has this been happening?? Is there any consistent senarios that happen when this does ??
We good try this. When Safari is opening, click on Safari in the menu bar the down to Reset Safari and the Empty Cache.
If no joy there, go to Disk Utility and Repair Permission. Click on your HD in the left column then the First Aid tab. Then click the Repair Permissions. Sit back have a Coopers and let it do its job. When its finished domnt worry about all the errors in the log window, but log out then back in. See if that changes anything.
HTH

Cheers

OP
Blazbo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" late 2011 / iP 6s / iPP 9.7"
Safari Homepage cont.

Hi TMac,

Thanks for reply and suggestions.
Will try the reset and see how things go.

Will have to look into the other method to make sure I don't stuff things up.
Like the idea of the Coopers...are you in South Oz or just a fan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Will have to look into the other method to make sure I don't stuff things up.
Like the idea of the Coopers...are you in South Oz or just a fan?

Just a fan :)

Im in the Nations Capital.
Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.