Problems with new LCD screen

Reaction score
I just replaced the LCD screen on my ipod video. I followed every direction, and did everything right. But, when I turned it on, the bottom 1/3d of the LCD is scrambled. The rest of the screen is clear, but the text isn't aligned properly. Is this a problem with the LCD I purchased, or did I do something wrong during the install? The old screen worked fine, but I pressed on it too hard and it had a black finger mark in the LCD, so it wasn't doing this prior to the screen being replaced.

Here is a picture of what the screen looks like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

img4243k.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like it's either the wrong screen or there was a problem during the installation. Go back over your work to make sure that the screen was properly installed. Use the instructions at iFixit: The free repair manual. If you're positive you did the installation correctly, then it could be a defective or wrong LCD.

OP
B
Reaction score
It looks like it's either the wrong screen or there was a problem during the installation. Go back over your work to make sure that the screen was properly installed. Use the instructions at iFixit: The free repair manual. If you're positive you did the installation correctly, then it could be a defective or wrong LCD.

What problem during installation could cause this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What problem during installation could cause this?

I've never changed one out, but I know from experience in changing out a hard drive in an iPod classic that it's easy to mess up. I ruined a logic board in my iPod by applying to much pressure trying to get the drive seated.

It could be a number of things. That's why I suggested above to go over your work. Check everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Ok my nano did this when i put a new screen in it. I may sound crazy but lightly slap the back of the iPod and then to a hard reset on the iPod. I was really frustrated with my iPod and did that and it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.