MIDI Editing on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 750GB harddrive
I have just moved from a PC to a MacBook Pro, following lots of advice from Mac users.:Cool:

One task that I want to perform is to produce backing tracks and save them as MIDI files to load onto my Roland G70 keyboard's hard drive.

On the pc, I composed the initial score in Sibelius, saved it as a SMF (standard Midi File) then finally tweaked the SMF in PowerTracks Pro Audio to get the instruments, volumes, balances etc. to sound right through the keyboard. (I transfer the SMF via floppy disc.) While I can load Sibelius onto the MacBook Pro, PowerTracks will only work on Windows! :Grimmace:

Is there a good, cheap Midi sequencer that I can use on the MacBook? I know that I could use Logic, Pro-tools and other high-powered products to do it, but PowerTracks was less that £50 and is an excellent product.

Will the instruments in GarageBand be compatible with Sibelius?

Any recommendations/help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I know you can definitely use GargeBand as a MIDI sequencer but I don't know about being compatible with Sibelius.

Try searching here: Sibelius - Help Center

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 750GB harddrive
I'll look at the functionality of GarageBand, but I don't think you can save a project as a MIDI file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.