Monitor calibration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I have a iMac 27" with IOS Lion, bought it in November 2011. I have a real problem with the colour . My prints are not the same as on the monitor. I did the color thing for the monitor but the prints still come out with with a slight green cast. Using PS CS5 and I photograph in raw. Never had that problem before with windows. Cant afford a Spyder at this time. I read the Cs5 book from Scott kelby and followed his instructions regarding colour management and printer set up. Epson 1410 printer. Have any of you any suggestions?

C

chas_m

Did you do the advanced colour management runthrough under Displays in system preferences?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
Did you do the advanced colour management runthrough under Displays in system preferences?

Yes I did that. This horrible color started only recently. The monitor color looks good, but when I do a print it looks awful. The printing has been set to photoshop manages color. It was really good before. I don't know what occurred, there was a software update, but I don't know what was updated. It did say it was successfully updated. Is there a way to to a restore the printer or computer settings to a earlier time? I do have a hd for time machine.
Thank you for your help chas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
have you calibrated the printer?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
have you calibrated the printer?

What do you mean? As I said it printed just fine for three month, then went bad the last few weeks. Paper and ink is always the same. The printer was set up for for my favorite paper. Is it that you are asking?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I have fixed my problem with the printer. Downloaded the driver again and then took the printer away and added it again. That took it to Epson default settings and all is right with the printing as good as before. My daughter came to the recue with these suggestions.

C

chas_m

Bravo to her! Thanks for letting us know. Strange that the old driver "went bad" somehow but glad going back to default with a fresh copy fixed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
What do you mean? As I said it printed just fine for three month, then went bad the last few weeks. Paper and ink is always the same. The printer was set up for for my favorite paper. Is it that you are asking?

pleased that the problem is sorted now but for future reference, ALL printers need to be calibrated now and then. once done it prints a test page with a colour graph on it....check the manual and it should guide you through it.

cheers

Reaction score
color monitor

ellen,

When you wrote "driver" do you mean the printer driver? I'm a newbie to monitor calibration (hope to purchase one soon) and wonder if your fix did not involve a new color colorimeter/spectrophotometer.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
Yes I had to down load the printer driver again. Color was then better, but still not right. It most likely would benefit from a spider or such thing. Havent got the finances for that though. I did the adjustment with the color balance in Lion. Still a bit out. the monitor looks fine just the prints always need nearly +15 magenta and about + 6 blue, then it looks pretty right on the print. that is all I can say not that experienced my self. I have been using a pc for 13 years I was pretty right with that for printing. Mind you I love my iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Keep in mind that monitor calibration has nothing to do with the printer itself. The two devices use different profiles, this is why printer calibrations also critical when dealing with color-critical workflows. This is true regardless of platform.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.