Boot Camp issues

Reaction score
I have successfully installed Windows 7 via Boot camp assistant
but when I log into the Windows partition I cannot get internet or link to my wireless connection. I believe I need drivers but don't know how to get them and add them to the programme? Can anyone help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try either downloading drivers and burning to CD at the start of the BootCamp Assistant setup, or if using Snow Leopard, pop in the DVD and it should run, if not open Computer > DVD Drive and click auto run.exe.

Helps if you provide computer and operating system details. Of course you printed the BootCamp guidelines/

OP
J
Reaction score
Osx Issues

I omitted to say that I have osx Lion installed and am now wondering whether to uninstall Windows 7 and starting again, this time following driver options during install? They don't exactly make things clear in the prompts Good idea?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot back to Lion. Run the Boot Camp assistant and go ahead and download the driver image from Apple and burn it to a CD or copy it to a flash drive. Then exit the Boot Camp assistant program with doing anything else. Boot to Windows 7 and insert the CD or flash drive and install the drivers.

Reaction score
Can not find drivers on DVD

I got Lion form the App store, burned a boot on a dvd from that, but when in windows 7 ultimate, it says the dvd is empty, and I can not find the drivers anywhere. Do the drivers come with Lion, if so, do they come with the online purchase?? I appreciate any help, gotta get my windows internet going asap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not from Lion disc, but go to Bootcamp Assistant, print and read Guidelines, hit Continue and Option 2 on the next page gives you the opportunity to download the drivers and burn to a CD. And to get Lion onto the DVD it had to be done prior to starting the installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.