Best place to buy a new early 2008 Macbook battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm hoping that I can get some info at these forums that I haven't been able to get elsewhere. I'll probably become a regular as there seems to be a good bit of activity here. :)

Anyhow, I need a battery for my early 2008' 13" Macbook. It dies real fast and OS X says "Replace Now" by its condition. I would buy one through the Apple website but they are $130, can anyone recommend a good website to buy one that is more affordable? Any links/info are appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Well, I've never heard of that brand but most people seem to be satisfied with it.
Very hard to tell bad ones from good ones, but I think the "You get what you pay for" saying is pretty much accurate when looking a batteries.

I personally wouldn't buy it, since I've heard stories about the cheaper batteries failing 1-2 months after purchasing.
But if you can't see yourself spending that much money on a battery, it may be worth the risk to try the cheaper one.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Well, I've never heard of that brand but most people seem to be satisfied with it.
Very hard to tell bad ones from good ones, but I think the "You get what you pay for" saying is pretty much accurate when looking a batteries.

I personally wouldn't buy it, since I've heard stories about the cheaper batteries failing 1-2 months after purchasing.
But if you can't see yourself spending that much money on a battery, it may be worth the risk to try the cheaper one.

I see. I just got this MacBook recently and I've been using it quite a lot, perhaps I will just bite the bullet and get the better battery. Thanks again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.