How much is it worth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Tomorrow I'm buying a new 27" iMac and so will be retiring my much loved old iMac (first Mac I ever owned). This iMac is still very serviceable and seems a crime to just chuck and I could do with making a bit of cash from it to pay towards the new one but I have absolutely no idea what it's worth, if anything.

It's a 20" iMac (late 2006) MA589LL
2.33Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
3GB RAM 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
250GB Hard Drive SATA 7200rpm
Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 2.4x Dual Layer burn (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ATI Radeon X1600 with 128MB GDDR3 SDRAM
Two FireWire 400 ports; 8 watts shared
Three USB 2.0 ports; two USB 1.1 ports (on keyboard)
Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Built-in 54 Mbps AirPort Extreme (802.11g)3; built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module.
Apple Remote, Apple Keyboard, and Mighty Mouse
Snow Leopard Installed

It is in excellent condition, not really a mark on it. However the SuperDrive does have a fault. It will read and write CD's no problem and it will read DVD's no problem but it seems to now not like burning DVD's. Other than that it's in perfect working order.

Any ideas as to how much this would be worth second hand in the UK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Do a search on eBay mate, there's a few on there up for sale. Most are buy it now around the £4-500 mark. If it you out it on there I reckon you'd get at least £300 for it. At least.

For Pete's sake don't chuck it, those things are worth more than you think! :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Cheers mate, that's more than I thought it was worth. I certainly wouldn't chuck it, I'd rather keep it than do that! Truth is, I actually feel a bit sad about replacing it - never felt like that about any PC I've ever owned. I always been only to glad to replace them ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.