10.6.8 freezing issues

Reaction score
We upgraded 300 MBP's to 10.6.8 and now we have sporatic freezing issues when opening the lid to their computers. Seems to be if safari or mail is open when they close and reopen their lid to their computer. Anyone know of a fix to this? I created a new image with 10.6.7 and set up the way I want and it is stable but the users are already at 10.6.8. I moved a user back to 10.6.7 and iphoto couldn't open the iphoto library cause it upgraded the database to accomidate 10.6.8. Anyone know how to move back to 10.6.7 iphoto? Yes I can pull the photo's in manually but it looses the alums created etc. There seems to be a lot of jabber about freezing and 10.6.8 but nothing definite.

C

chas_m

Does this happen when the users properly quit all programs before closing the lid? Does it happen if they have (internet connected programs) open and put it to sleep using the keyboard command rather than the lid? Are you sure that machines are re-connecting to the network IMMEDIATELY upon wake? Does your network require authentication to get on?

OP
J
Reaction score
If users close out of all open programs before they close the lid then it doesn't do it as far as I am aware of. Also manual sleep seems to do the same as closing the lid. Seems to mostly happen when either mail or safari are open. Happens on about 30 to 40 % of users that are at 10.6.8 only on MacBook Pro's I5 processor. Does not happen with dual core . Yes when opening the lid the wireless cycles but does not connect and freezes for about 5 minutes then it seems to catch up and clear itself.

Reaction score
Has this problem been resolved? If so, could you please share how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.