iCal Alerts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook (May07), 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / iPhone 4 / iPad 2
I had no idea where to start the search for my question:

Is there an app or program that can/will show me what I have on my calendar for the day docked on the desktop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
There is a widget for that. It's the stock calendar widget. You can double click the date (large #) on the left to get your iCal events for that day to show up as a slide out window. Technically, it's not your desktop, but it's just a 3-finger swipe to the left to see your widgets.

Geektool might allow for what you want too, but I've never played with it so I don't know for sure.

OP
Ylwf3vr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook (May07), 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / iPhone 4 / iPad 2
There is a widget for that. It's the stock calendar widget. You can double click the date (large #) on the left to get your iCal events for that day to show up as a slide out window. Technically, it's not your desktop, but it's just a 3-finger swipe to the left to see your widgets.

Geektool might allow for what you want too, but I've never played with it so I don't know for sure.

Thanks! Now I got the calendar thing set up.. how can I allow this "3-finger swipe to the left" business? I tried 3-finger swipe to all over the place and nothing happens. Just 2 fingers to scroll.. I got Lion by the way.

OP
Ylwf3vr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know there is a little button on the dashboard but I'm trying to learn all the cool tricks lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thanks! Now I got the calendar thing set up.. how can I allow this "3-finger swipe to the left" business? I tried 3-finger swipe to all over the place and nothing happens. Just 2 fingers to scroll.. I got Lion by the way.

You may have your trackpad gestures set up slightly different than I do. Just look in System Preferences under Trackpad and see what gesture to use to slide over to widgets and to switch between desktops.

OP
Ylwf3vr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may have your trackpad gestures set up slightly different than I do. Just look in System Preferences under Trackpad and see what gesture to use to slide over to widgets and to switch between desktops.

There is none.. think it's because I have the early model of MacBook (White).. but found out F12 does the trick!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.