MacBook pro freezes on startup

Reaction score
I dropped it while it was on and now it won't go passed this blue screen I get after it starts up

It wouldnt open in safe mode either, it just keeps loading forever and heats up

I sometimes get the chime at sartup and the cursor at the blue screen, also the blue screen keeps changing intensity

Is there anyway i can back up my files on an external disk before giving it to a technician? Also will I lose them after it gets repaired?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
if i were you i would ring apple and see if they can help. it doesn't sound good to me. stick around, there are certainly people in this forum that will be bale to give you advice.

also, pretty sure this is not in the correct forum, so don't be surprised if you find your post moved by a mod/admin..

good luck

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved to correct forum. Does not belong in "Rumors or Reports". Please observe our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.