Genuine Apple Battery..

Reaction score
Hello guys.. Does anyone know how I can be 100% positive my Macbook battery is 100% genuine please? Thanks, Ben ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello guys.. Does anyone know how I can be 100% positive my Macbook battery is 100% genuine please? Thanks, Ben ;)

It would help if you told us exactly what model MacBook you have (there are/were lots of different models).;)

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
It would help if you told us exactly what model MacBook you have (there are/were lots of different models).;)

- Nick

Hello mate, Cheers for the reply. I have a macbook 13 mid 2007 A1181.. My original battery died and the cheapo replacement I bought is causing my mac to shutdown. I bought another which supposed to be "genuine"?! Is their a foolproof way of telling if the battery is indeed genuine.

Cheers again.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello mate, Cheers for the reply. I have a macbook 13 mid 2007 A1181.. My original battery died and the cheapo replacement I bought is causing my mac to shutdown. I bought another which supposed to be "genuine"?! Is their a foolproof way of telling if the battery is indeed genuine.

Cheers again.

Thanks for the info. The reason why I asked for your MacBook model is...a couple of the newer (and last) MacBook models were the "Unibody" design...which have non-user removable batteries...which would almost 100% guarantee that the batteries are original "equipment". But obviously your 2007 MacBook has the removable battery.

Do you still have your old MacBook dead battery? If so...you could compare the old & new batteries. If not...generally "genuine" Apple battery's have the Apple logo on them...and the words "Designed by Apple in California" (or something like that) will be printed on it (you have to remove the battery to see this).

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The best indicator (because some clones are very convincing) is the reputation/reliability of the retailer you bought it from.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The reason why I asked for your MacBook model is...a couple of the newer (and last) MacBook models were the "Unibody" design...which have non-user removable batteries...which would almost 100% guarantee that the batteries are original "equipment". But obviously your 2007 MacBook has the removable battery.

Do you still have your old MacBook dead battery? If so...you could compare the old & new batteries. If not...generally "genuine" Apple battery's have the Apple logo on them...and the words "Designed by Apple in California" (or something like that) will be printed on it (you have to remove the battery to see this).

HTH,

- Nick

Cheers Nick.. It all looks original but it must be so easy to make a fake, just for peace of mind I might take it to the apple shop..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
i would agree with mrplow in that if you bought it from the apple store or via apple website, then it will be the most genuine you could get

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
OP
B
Reaction score
i would agree with mrplow in that if you bought it from the apple store or via apple website, then it will be the most genuine you could get

I simply could not afford to fork out £110 on a battery from the apple shop.. If this battery does turn out to be a fake I'll be sending it back as it is advertised as "Genuine"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I simply could not afford to fork out £110 on a battery from the apple shop.. If this battery does turn out to be a fake I'll be sending it back as it is advertised as "Genuine"

how about taking some pics and posting on here, together with the serial numbers etc...someone may be able to run a check for you.

i do understand that the price is bait steep, i have done it 3 times in the past 3 years...:p

OP
B
Reaction score
how about taking some pics and posting on here, together with the serial numbers etc...someone may be able to run a check for you.

i do understand that the price is bait steep, i have done it 3 times in the past 3 years...:p

Yeah.. I have to say It's not been delivered as yet, The first thing I'm gonna do is check it in my system profiler for serial number. I think It'd be safe to say if it has no serial It's hooky. What's pissing me off is that my old battery is packed away in the loft with the rest of my life waiting to be moved to my new house. Do I go for it or what? Is the box among many other boxes marked 'old mac battery' I doubt it? Did I throw it away? I dunno?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah.. I have to say It's not been delivered as yet, The first thing I'm gonna do is check it in my system profiler for serial number. I think It'd be safe to say if it has no serial It's hooky. What's pissing me off is that my old battery is packed away in the loft with the rest of my life waiting to be moved to my new house. Do I go for it or what? Is the box among many other boxes marked 'old mac battery' I doubt it? Did I throw it away? I dunno?

can you to run with AC power until it arrives?

OP
B
Reaction score
can you to run with AC power until it arrives?

Yeah the battery I have a the moment works but states 'service battery' I took it to the genius bar and the girl I spoke to said she was pretty sure the shutdown problem I'm having is down to the none apple battery. She said "it knows"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah the battery I have a the moment works but states 'service battery' I took it to the genius bar and the girl I spoke to said she was pretty sure the shutdown problem I'm having is down to the none apple battery. She said "it knows"

As i said, i have never come across that before the last 3 times i have replaced. I knew something was wrong when sometimes it would charge and sometimes the computer would say not charging....

then it just collapsed. i just order from the apple store on line as Morocco is not the place to have apple re-sellers close to you..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I had to replace the "stock" Apple battery on my '07 MBP after 1.5 years of use. The battery would totally shut down my notebook at 47% charge with no notifications.
I ended up purchasing a replacement battery from OWC. It's been almost 3 years and the OWC battery is still going strong through frequent battery calibrations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey JUKE179r

how do you calibrate your battery? it may be something i need to start doing..

thanks matey

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.