macbook dilemma

Reaction score
I am starting university in just over 3 weeks and need a notebook. After a bit of research I uncovered the rumour about the macbook pro "2012 redesign". Has anyone heard anything recently to confirm this?? Is it worth waiting or buying a '11 model? :\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You didn't really "uncover" anything special...there are always rumors of some new Macintosh model "just around the corner". If you took these rumors seriously...you would never end up buying anything!;)

By the way...the world is supposed to end in 2012...so this time next year this question won't seem very important! (this is a rumor as well)!;)

The bottom line is...if you need a computer now...get it. If you can wait...then wait!:)

- Nick

C

chas_m

FWIW, I do not expect a major redesign of the MacBook Pro this year. Apple (and consumers) seem to be super happy with the current design, so at best I think they will tweak it a bit in late spring.

ISTR that Intel has some new processors out that are Sandy Bridge not Ivy Bridge (or have I got that wrong way round?), ie incremental not revolutionary. This hints to me that the next revision is likely to be very minor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.