Ccleaner screwed up firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2010 iMac, 2009 iMac, 2010 MBP, iPhone, iPad, iPod, lots of others stuff
Firefox Issue

Firefox is acting up and its driving me CRAZY! I cant see embeded videos in webpages, webpages are not loading properly and it just looks weird.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Website with weird formatting...

Ebay Home Page....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Completely uninstall CCleaner and see if Firefox behaves. If it does, you know what the problem was.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2010 iMac, 2009 iMac, 2010 MBP, iPhone, iPad, iPod, lots of others stuff
Just uninstalled CCleaner and Firefox and restarted and reinstalled Firefox. No luck :(
Is there a way to completely uninstall Firefox and still save my bookmarks, and passwords when I reinstalled Firefox all that was automatically loaded right in so I'm guessing a setting of some sort was also saved that caused the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Looks like the CSS is disabled to me, can make sure that "No Style" is unchecked In View (Menubar)>Page Style?
To uncheck it select the "A" option.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like the CSS is disabled to me, can make sure that "No Style" is unchecked In View (Menubar)>Page Style?
To uncheck it select the "A" option.

Yea I checked that setting numerous times. Its always set on "Use Basic Style"
Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
First of all, it's highly unlikely Ccleaner did anything to Firefox. I've used it for years on both Windows and now OS X Lion and this type issue has never occurred. Sounds much more like a corrupt profile or an extension issue.

Try completely uninstalling Firefox. Meaning any and all extra folders left after a normal install. If you don't want to manually delete the folders in these various locations, use AppCleaner: Download AppCleaner for Mac - Uninstall your apps easily. MacUpdate.com

Once AppCleaner is installed, open it. Click Applications, Scroll down to Firefox and check the box next to it. Then click Search on the bottom right of AppCleaner. Several folder locations for Firefox should appear. Then Click Delete.

Re-install Firefox and visit the sites you showed in your original post BEFORE you install any extensions or themes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
That would work most likely, but he wants to keep his bookmarks/login passwords.

OP: It may well be that there is no way out of this other that to delete everything.

Backing up and restoring bookmarks | How to | Firefox Help

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/password-exporter/

However, try this first.
Find your Firefox data folder ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox
Rename it to something different like Firefox(Old)

Reopen Firefox and see what happens on a site that was buggy, if everything this ok then you know your old Firefox folder is messed up.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
However, try this first.
Find your Firefox data folder ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox
Rename it to something different like Firefox(Old)

Reopen Firefox and see what happens on a site that was buggy, if everything this ok then you know your old Firefox folder is messed up.

I looked in that folder but all I found was Library/Application Support/ Mozilla and in Mozilla is just a folder called extensions. ?

Not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup thats they system Application Support folder, you need to go to your users Application Support folder.
Quickest way there is to copy the path I posted and paste it into the Go window in the Finder (command+shift+g)

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are the MAN!! I did have to open terminal and enter, chflags nohidden /users/**username**/library, to get the library to show up since its now hidden in 10.7.

But it worked
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.