thermal calibration?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1: 3.2Ghz octo
How can you run thermal calibration on an apple service diagnostic cd? I have a diagnostic cd but all that it offers is to run tests and not calibration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You have the Apple Service Diagnostics CD? The one that's internal use only?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are copies floating around certain sites. Other folks have got hold of them also. I honestly don't know the legality of using one if you're not an authorized (certified) Apple technician as I'm sure Apple doesn't hand them out to just anyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
There are copies floating around certain sites. Other folks have got hold of them also. I honestly don't know the legality of using one if you're not an authorized (certified) Apple technician as I'm sure Apple doesn't hand them out to just anyone.

Yep, I'm aware of that. Just making sure it WAS one that should actually have the utility. Other than that.. not a clue where it is on the util disk ......

Reaction score
Yep, I'm aware of that. Just making sure it WAS one that should actually have the utility. Other than that.. not a clue where it is on the util disk ......
Once you boot the mac up holding down the "C" key up at the top you should see the 'Thermal calibration tab start there...Then run all the test's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
You have to have the correct ASD for the model of Powermac G5 you have. Thermal calibration is only a function on the PM G5. Only one of the 2 diagnostics (OS and OF) has the calibration option. Access as in post above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.