new battery and still doesn't detect it

Reaction score
I bought this battery:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FCZHYC/?tag=macforums0e4-20

for my macbook pro 15 inch model A1211 and for some reason once I installed it it doesn't detect it. The battery icon is still has a small cross inside it. I have restarted it and reset the pram and the smc and still nothing. Once I unplug the power cord the computer still runs, so I don't think its a battery issue. What could it be?
EDIT: I read the box and the battery and it says its for the model A1175, could this be the problem? I thought some of these batteries were interchangeable with specific laptop models

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I bought this battery:

Amazon.com: Superb Choice New Laptop Replacement Battery for Apple MacBook Pro MA463LL/A MA464LL/A MA895LL MA896*/A MB133LL/A a1150 a1211 a1226 ma463 ma600ll/a ma609 ma610ll/a ma680ll/a ma681ll/a mb133x/a: Electronics

for my macbook pro 15 inch model A1211 and for some reason once I installed it it doesn't detect it. The battery icon is still has a small cross inside it. I have restarted it and reset the pram and the smc and still nothing. Once I unplug the power cord the computer still runs, so I don't think its a battery issue. What could it be?
EDIT: I read the box and the battery and it says its for the model A1175, could this be the problem? I thought some of these batteries were interchangeable with specific laptop models

Following the link it looks like the shipper sent you a different and cheaper battery than the one you ordered, if you ordered via the link you posted. I would contact Amazon and have them replace it with the correct item.

EDIT: If your box says for A1175, they probably sent you this one
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037BYQTU/?tag=macforums0e4-20

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Right now I reset my pram but then it just hung on the grey screen with the apple logo and spinning gear for about 20 minutes. I took off the power supply and tried to boot with the battery and it didn't work. The only way it now boots is after a permissions check. Any other ideas? maybe just reinstall lion again?

OP
C
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I ran the apple hardware test and it gave me this error:

4SNS/1/4000000 TB0T

After looking it up the sns part means a sensor error, and the TB0T means that the battery max temp sensor has failed or isn't detected. The reason why is because the laptop still does not detect the battery, so it doesn't detect a thermal sensor. I did this on another laptop and it has the same error with the battery uninstalled, once installed it works fine, no errors at all. Not sure what I should do at this point. The computer runs fine, just annoying since the cpu gets throttled down a bit when the laptop does not detect a battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.