My Favorite iPad Apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
My iPad goes everywhere with me. It quickly replaced two laptops as my gadget of choice as I do grocery shopping, banking & doctor's visits. I've weened my apps down to those I find essential to maximize the iPad's use. Here is my short list of those Apps.

1. Pages - I use this as a desktop publisher, composing emails with graphics(photographs) embedded.

2. iTunes - I utilize a free iCloud account with Amazon's MP3 music service to store my entire music collection. That has soared to over 2,000 songs as time marches on.

3. Kindle For iPad - This free reader app from Amazon lets me carry my book collection with me everywhere. As an avid reader I can occupy my time enjoying my music or reading one of the 40 books I have stored in my free personal library at Amazon.

4. iTeleport - I use this app to connect me to my iMac at home anywhere I have access to a wi-fi network. In Portland, OR that just about everywhere. The app gives me complete remote control over my full desktop, eliminating the need to store too much data on my iPad. Such things as my prescription drug list, address book and even Google Earth are readily available.

5. Zinio Reader - This app allows me access to about 10 magazine subscriptions I read on a regular basis. I also use Newsstand for access to my National Geographic collection.

6. Pandora - This is a favorite for free music off the internet. I can listen to my favorite artists as well as similar performers while I travel or am waiting in doctor's offices, mechanic's waiting rooms or simply for a store to open its doors. The service is free to use.

7. SmugMug - This app is a link to my online photographic service that store thousands of my photographs. It allows me to copy or save an photo, at any size, for display or to embed in an email.

C

chas_m

Since Apple introduced iMessage, that has become one my favourite "apps" (it uses the existing Messages app) along with FaceTime. When I travel my wife and I can stay in touch, either text or calling/video conferencing, FOR FREE across international boundaries. Love it.

I just downloaded a course from the new iTunes U iPad app to give that a try. So far, looks very promising for learning fun.

I use Evernote on the iPad for saving things -- from recipes to interesting web pages to audio ramblings.

IMDB to look up who the heck is that guy I know him from somewhere whenever I'm watching TV or a movie. :)

The abridged version of my local paper (The Times-Colonist) has an iPad app. I wish it had the comics but otherwise it's all the local news I need.

For travel arrangements I use Kayak HD, Hotels HD and sometimes Hotel Tonight, as well as Alfred for local restaurants.

Facebook and Hootsuite for social media.

Cineplex to find out what's playing at the cinema, Apple's Trailers to see what's coming.

You might want to check out 500px, a beautiful photography site (free to join) where you can post or just gaze at incredible photography. The iPad app's a bit crashy but the view is worth it.

Reaction score
What Is Your Favorite App?

I am very much interested in using the various kind of app in my iPad. I have tried the lot of apps. In that, Very few apps are like very much. There are

1)Facebook
2)Twitter
3)iWedPlanner
4)Angry Birds
5)Mobile RSS
6)Mirrors Edge
7)CNN

In This best app and useful app is to me is "iWedPlanner". I like iWedPlanner. It is a nice wedding app for organizing the wedding planning in an efficient way and within the budget. It has many features like seating arrangement, RSVP, resources, to-do list and more. You download this from Appstore and install it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.