• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MacForums referenced in "Biggest Gripes About Apple Stores..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Biggest Gripes About the Apple Store - Yahoo! Finance

The most common complaints on online message boards like AppleInsider.com, MacForums.com and Yelp.com seem to be directed toward the store’s staff: a blue-shirted army some customers contend can come across as smug.

Seems odd for a Y! article to post a news article just at this time when their stocks are hovering at an all time high. That's some great research they done...no quotes or anything from those them mention, like MF. I can't ever remember reading something about smug Apple store reps on here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Biggest Gripes About the Apple Store - Yahoo! Finance

Seems odd for a Y! article to post a news article just at this time when their stocks are hovering at an all time high. That's some great research they done...no quotes or anything from those them mention, like MF. I can't ever remember reading something about smug Apple store reps on here.

Neither can I, as far as I remember, almost everybody here seems to enjoy the Apple store, and give it a positive review.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm sure they have some, but I have never personally met a smug or otherwise discourteous Apple employee.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Typical lazy reporting. Use the most ambiguous citations possible knowing it's almost impossible to refute. Classic fallacy.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
What amazes me is that it's on the front page of Yahoo, that and the lame, factually incorrect comments left by some beings of lesser intelligence. The incompetency level of some people truly baffles me.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Pick any article on Yahoo...or CNN...etc etc - and reading the comments will be a scary eye opener. These guys are actually allowed to vote....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
Mac users, who have the best software, the most stylish computers and avoid all the virus issues of Windows, are rightly a bit smug sometimes.!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Pick any article on Yahoo...or CNN...etc etc - and reading the comments will be a scary eye opener.
The comments are the best part of any article. They're part of the reason that I'm an "amateur misanthropist." ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
The comments are the best part of any article. They're part of the reason that I'm an "amateur misanthropist." ;)

You need to step up your game and join the Pros . . . ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

Nice one. I actually had to look that one up. My vocabulary must be slipping a bit.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.