Keeping 10.6 OS Awake

Reaction score
I have a Macbook. Running 10.6.8 OS.

Energy Preferences for both Computer & Screen set to "Never" hard disk to sleep is "Unchecked" When I am away from computer say for 30-45 minutes, I come back to my log-in screen, type in password and the desk top, messenger outlook ect have to reload. (Running Office for Mac 2011). How do I keep these applications running? (So they don't go to sleep)?

Thanks,

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
I think what you are looking for is an app call Caffeine which is available from the App Store.

OP
J
Reaction score
Keeping OS 10.6 Awake

So, you have to get an app to keep the os awake on the macbook? There are no apple settings for this?

Thank You!

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What I do with my iMac and others I know do with their MBP's is to let the system sleep and then wake it up to continue using it. That is, I have applications running and then I walk away, the screensaver kicks in about 15 mins later and then the system goes to sleep some time after and when I return I click on the trackpad and I continue doing whatever I was doing in whatever applications are open..nothing is closed or anything..

My friends with MBP's do the same except they close the lid to conserve battery power and when they return they open the lid and continue on.

Having to re-login means that your system isn't sleeping but rather actually crashing and rebooting or crashing and logging out..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.