Finally. A flash drive for your iOS device, but...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
First of all, I hope this is the most appropriate forum for this. I wasn't sure, because it can apply to the iPhone, iPad or iPod. And secondly, it isn't made by Apple, it is made by Sanho Electronics. Their stuff is sold in the "HyperStore" and they're also responsible for things such as the HyperDrive for the iPad.

It's the HyperDrive iFlash Drive. It looks cool, but I can't help but feel that Apple makes it too easy for companies like this one to rip people off. $99 for an 8 gig flash drive?! Yes, I understand that it's the only kind of device out there right now (without an wireless connection) that will work (with the assistance of an app) and get you access to transfer back and forth between an iOS device, but come on now!

I know what the politics are behind it all, as it's obvious to anybody with a modicum of common sense, but still find it offensive.

Would any of you spend that kind of cash for such a thing? The HyperDrive looks great too, but there's no way I'd pay that much for such little storage. I wonder how many units they sell each month?

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
They aren't getting my money for sure ( I have this thing with not liking things that stick out somewhere ) , but I guess there are plenty of well to do folks who wouldn't think twice and spend the $99 to get it.

Apple could really do something great if they added a SD card slot to iDevices that fitted flush with the housing!

Reaction score
$99.00 Flash Drive?

I don't think they will get my money either. The Flash Drive is not worth that much.
I found an SD card adapter for my iPod Touch (4th Gen) for around $30.00, and may get that when the need arises.
I'd like to be able to get the iPhone 4 software that lets me manage photos (red eye, size, etc.) so I will not have to take a Mac or Windows computer along on trips. Then I can send photos from the iPod Touch to Snapfish.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.