please help a newbie running boot camp

Reaction score
hey im very new to all this an to be honest im a "newbie" when it comes to computers in general. that being said i have a mac book pro an i installed windows 7 from what i can tell for the most part successfully....i am doing this because i would like to play final fantasy 7 on it. im running the most updated os system an basically what my problem is ,is that i apparently cannot connect to the internet while on windows 7 .it keeps telling me devices arent installed an i do not know what to do.....i have tried to search for devices an tried to see if i didnt install it but nothings working. also none of my mac book features work my key board whont light up,the track pad whont allow right clicking or scrolling down by dragging your fingers down it.....i tried installing the hardware an when i click devices i get some code 28? devices not found? im sorry if this is an issue tackled before but i tried searching before i started a new thread,im pretty much a newbie like i said when it comes to this stuff but im trying learn i would greatly apprciate any an all help to get me threw this i dont know what to do im completely at a loss ....thank you in advance to anyone who can resolve this for me......also if anyone has any experience on running final fantasy 7 i would love to hear!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you ran the Bootcamp Assistant in Mac OSX you will have been prompted to download a driver package that could be written to a CD or USB drive.

Did you install these drivers in Windows?

PS A few carriage returns in your posts would make them far more readable.

OP
N
Reaction score
When you ran the Bootcamp Assistant in Mac OSX you will have been prompted to download a driver package that could be written to a CD or USB drive.

Did you install these drivers in Windows?

PS A few carriage returns in your posts would make them far more readable.

im sorry i do not know what a "carriage return "is? I did download that ,an burned it to a cd. When i tried to install/run it,i just goes to a cd/dvd share thing an nothing is installed .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Did you run the setup.exe?

Sounds like something may have gone wrong writing it to disc. No matter. Just copy the file onto a new cd or preferable a usb thumb drive, or into sound kind of cloud strage (dropbox, box, adrive etc).

No matter how you get it there once you have the intact files just run setup.exe and it'll install all the necessary drivers for you.

A carriage return is just a new line. Press enter really. It's just that a screen full of text will put a lot of people off from reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Usually the package will run and self install. When this fails do as mrplow says and physical double click on setup.exe in Computer > DVD Drive.

OP
N
Reaction score
well it seems you hit the nail on the head thank you very much connections running well

i had to manualy install basically all the drivers from the support cd......although my track

track pad on my laptop isnt working (its not letting me right click at all,or scroll down by

dragging down on a web page)but all in all the biggest issue was resolved with your help

thank you very much i appreciate the help!!!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.