Problem in Word 14.0.0

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I am fairly certain that until this week, the cmd+` to "move focus to next window in application" worked in Word (Word 2011 v14.0.0) just fine.
Now it will only toggle between the two most recently used Word windows, so if I have 3 or more documents open, I cannot get access to the 3rd, 4th, etc. documents now matter how many times I mash on the "`" key after pressing cmd.

I have not recently upgraded or made any preference changes to OSX or Word.
I'm using OS 10.6.8.
The keyboard shortcut in sys. prefs IS checked.
In Word: Tools > Customize Keyboard... > Window and Help > NextWindow
the command is assigned to:
cmd+F6
opt+F6
I can't figure out how to assign cmd+` to it, presumably because it is a system command and when I try to type it into the "Shortcut:" dialog box, it is trying to actually invoke the system version of the command but can't because the "Customize Keyboard" dialog is open and overriding the other windows.

Please help.

OP
T
Reaction score
Bump.
Anyone have a solution?
Does anyone else suffer from this problem like I do?

First World Problems, amirite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Start Word up and go into Help and check for updates. There have been service pack releases and other updates to currently version 14.1.4 for starters.

Reaction score
only in Word

Yeah, the command-` works in my other Office programs but not in Word. And I could not assign command-` to it in the Word customize screen, either. I worked around by assigning command-' (apostrophe) but it's a nuisance to have different key strokes for different Office programs. I'm up to Word 14.2.1 so I think I'm upgraded as heck.

Help, Mr. Wizard...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.