Safari problems

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Hi there,

I've been experiencing a lot of problems with Safari on my iPad 1 (64GB) recently (it has the latest version of iOS). Often, when zooming on a web site the text doesn't re-render, leaving it highly pixilated and almost impossible to read. Another common problem, when I go to a site (Games: Computer and video games news and reviews | Metro.co.uk) the page seems to stutter, with the images flickering and Safari will crash.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any suggestions for remedial actions? I've tried the occasional reboot.

Any suggestions appreciated,
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
backup up the ipad and then restore it. Make sure to back it up first thru itunes to make sure all the apps are restored.

Screen shot 2012-01-30 at 9.45.51 PM.png

OP
D

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
backup up the ipad and then restore it. Make sure to back it up first thru itunes to make sure all the apps are restored.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go this weekend.

Cheers,
Dan

C

chas_m

I was going to suggest actually turning the iPad completely off (since I run into a staggering number of people who've never actually done this), you might want to try that first assuming you haven't already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.