Simple photoshop problem

50trimtsi

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could help me. I would like to set files to open directly to photoshop when I double click them. Basically just set photoshop as default opener for certain types of files. I thought itd be in preferences, but didnt seem to see it. Can anyone help. Im using photoshop CS version 8. Thanks soo much. Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Ctrl Click (or right click if you have a two button mouse) go to Open With -> other. Select Photoshop and check the box to always open files of this type with the progarm

OP

50trimtsi

trpnmonkey41 said:
Ctrl Click (or right click if you have a two button mouse) go to Open With -> other. Select Photoshop and check the box to always open files of this type with the progarm

Thanks. That worked. Is there any way to make it pull the picture up right away too? Or just the program. Right now since I just set it. PSD's for instance will open photoshop when I double click them, but the picture wont come up on the screen only the program opens. Any idea? Thanks for the help already. And potential future help:-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Unless your photoshop isn't installed properly or missing help files it should open up the picture immediately

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
It should open the photo in Photoshop once you click the image if that's how you set it. Try uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it. It just may be installed incorrectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.