A Shiny New Mac-Forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
xstep, I feel a bit insulted by your comment, but I understand the site isn't working well for you. I'll see if we can help you. If you refer to the 90 posts before yours in this thread, most everyone else is not experiencing the cookie or navigation issue that you are - there might be something special causing an issue for you which we need to figure out.

Are you using anything special to manage cookies or logins?

I've tested firefox, IE, and chrome myself - all seem to be working fine with logging into the forums. If you can PM me further details, or post in this thread, I should be able to help you further.

I don't know why you'd feel insulted by my comments. The thing wasn't working for me and cookies seemed to be the cause, as removing them from both Safari and Firefox fixed those browsers temporarily. Naturally seeing a blank screen isn't much of an upgrade, so that is why I described it as the worst upgrade I've seen. I have yet to decide if I like the look & feel.

As of this very session, this is the first time I have come to this site since the upgrade and it loaded without me removing the previous set of cookies. I just tested FF and it too worked. I don't know what voodoo is happening but I'll hope all has magically been fixed.

I have nothing extra on those two browsers for cookies or logins. I see in Safari that I do block cookies from third party sites and advertisers. It looks like FF is setup in a similar manner.

I've learned my way around the forums issue. I can now find them and my subscriptions. Perhaps subscriptions could be added to the Forum menu.

Thanks for your concern. If the problem returns, I'll repost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm in my PlayBook, and I can't see it on here either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm in my PlayBook, and I can't see it on here either.

Not sure what's going on. Kinda unfortunate that I have to adjust to the new skin so fast, seeing as there's still quite a few issues and bugs that have not been corrected yet. (at least for me)

Has the user control panel been looked at at all lately? Not sure about others, but for me the spacing and text is all over the place. The Received Rep area also shows big red (X)'s where the small green dots used to be.

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
Not sure what's going on. Kinda unfortunate that I have to adjust to the new skin so fast, seeing as there's still quite a few issues and bugs that have not been corrected yet. (at least for me)

Has the user control panel been looked at at all lately? Not sure about others, but for me the spacing and text is all over the place. The Received Rep area also shows big red (X)'s where the small green dots used to be.

Yup, those issues are already noted for being fixed. Thanks!

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gone for me as well. It also forced to the new skin because I know I had it set to the old style when I left last night.

That is not intended, and it appears some users have the ability to choose their preference still while others do not. I'm looking into what is going on here, thanks for the input.

EDIT: It should be fixed now. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Yep, it works now:) Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is not intended, and it appears some users have the ability to choose their preference still while others do not. I'm looking into what is going on here, thanks for the input.

EDIT: It should be fixed now. :)

Fixed for me too. Thank you very much. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I guess it was just affecting some users as I could see the selection for Skin the whole time. Glad it's fixed though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Thanks for your concern. If the problem returns, I'll repost.

Problem is still occurring. I'll play with deleting individual cookies, but my patience with this is quickly coming to an end. **** gremlins!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...but I understand the site isn't working well for you.

The latest is I got a blank screen again today. I removed one cookie, the bbstyleid cookie, did a reload, and the page displayed as it should.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Problem is still occurring. I'll play with deleting individual cookies, but my patience with this is quickly coming to an end. **** gremlins!

Thanks to everyone for being patient, people are working hard to get all the little bugs here and there sorted out.
Big thanks to Matt and his team – anyone who has worked on a project this big, with a gigantic database and as many users as this site has, knows how hard this type of rollout can be.

I realize there are a few individual quirks, but this whole process has been extremely smooth given how much there is to update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks to everyone for being patient, people are working hard to get all the little bugs here and there sorted out.
Big thanks to Matt and his team – anyone who has worked on a project this big, with a gigantic database and as many users as this site has, knows how hard this type of rollout can be.

I realize there are a few individual quirks, but this whole process has been extremely smooth given how much there is to update.

Can I just second this and commend you all for showing polite diplomacy in the face of what has been at times some awfully rude criticism.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The latest is I got a blank screen again today. I removed one cookie, the bbstyleid cookie, did a reload, and the page displayed as it should.

I confirmed again today that the bbstyleid cookie is at least one of the gremlins causing my issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Big Sur V.11.2.3 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019) 3.1GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB DDR4 SSD,
Personally I like the new format much better, much easier on the eyes.

OP
I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The links in the forum subnav are back at the top, rather than hover clicking! The online indicator is also back, below the avatar to indicate if someone is online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The links in the forum subnav are back at the top, rather than hover clicking! The online indicator is also back, below the avatar to indicate if someone is online.

Just noticed this... great job! Thanks for your efforts everyone!

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Hmm.. Having an issue and not sure if it is related to changes being made. Last night, I posted a new thread with (as I count them) 9 images. No emoticons and only two other html address links. It let me post just fine, and I was able to see all of the images as well.

I came back today and noticed that none of the images were posted, so I tried putting them back in. But when I tried to save the post, I got a message saying that I have 14 images and am only allowed to post up to 10. Again, I only count 9 images, so can you tell me if it's me or something else?

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ip...mpact-flash-card-reader-ipad-mini-review.html

Thanks!

Doug

Edit: And now the images are back again? Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.