Word 2011 -

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using Word-2011 to write my thesis and I find really good the full Screen mode. It helps me a lot in focusing.
Usually, I have Word-full screen mode in one desktop and internet in other one.
While writing I need to keep switching between the two desktops to read articles and then write about them.
The problem is every time I switch desktop, when I go back to Word it is in the normal mode.

My question is: How Can I keep Word in full-screen mode avoiding that it goes back to normal mode when I switch between desktops?
Is it that even possible?

Thank you very much for you kind attention and sorry for my poor English (I am not English).

Alex

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What OS are you using? If you are using OS X Lion, then you want to hit the two arrows facing each other on the top right corner of any application window which will make it full-screen and when you switch between apps or desktops, they should remain..

I use this method when I code by putting X-Code into full-screen mode..

If you are running pre-Lion and just expanding the window to be full-screen, perhaps there is a glitch in Word that doesn't work well?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for replying.
I am currently using Lion.
I understand what you mean and with Safari I usually have no problem.
The problem is specifically with Word.
The 2 arrows you mentioned in Word are on the bottom-left part of the program (see pic, it's the 6th option).
Word goes in full-screen but if I move to another desktop, when I go back, Word is in normal view.
It's very annoying!!!!
Safari on the other hand remains in fullscreen even when I move through desktops.
My problem is with Word and I start to fear is a bug and there is no actual solution unless they fix it.

Is somebody know a solution to avoid this problem, that'd be very appreciated.

thanks Raz0rEdge for your prompt reply.

Thanks

Alex

Untitled.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The folks at the Microsoft Mac Office group have promised a fix for this in the future. There are also some other things about Office 2011 that are not completely in compliance with Lion. There is a service pack forthcoming. Microsoft is not exactly known for its speed in providing fixes - so be patient.

Reaction score
Any Update on this Issue?

I am having the same annoying issue, i.e., that the "Focus View" disappears when I swipe between full screen applications. The focus view is awesome, but I would like to be able to keep it on!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Send Microsoft a suggestion. Do not know how many times I have asked for an Office 2011 Uninstaller such as Office 2008, but still waiting for this also:-

Contact Us

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.