How to delete Files In My Macbook ???

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Macbook 5.1 OS-X Leopard 10.5. and I'm having great difficulty renaming moving an deleting files. A window pops up every time confirming i dont have sufficient access privileges. I'm confused because this is my personal Macbook I'm the administrator and no one else uses it. I double clicked the file > get info > unlocked icon and selected me as user to read an write but still no change.

I further went in to system preferences > my account > password > unlocked the icon but found the (Allow user to administer this computer) was not highlighted no option to check the box, only parental controls could be used.

Basically to solve the issue would i need to create a new account?

Thanks. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What files are you trying to delete?

OP
musicmad
Reaction score
My mistack, i can delete files but the system keeps prompting me for the password to delete the files, how do i stop it asking for the password? The main issue is not being able to rename files an folders.

This is my personal computer i bought it brand new from the store no one has ever had access to it apart from one other person who had an account but who has long since been signed off, I'm the only valid user.

Do i need to create a new account?

C

chas_m

1. The reason the trash is asking you for a password is because you are trying to throw away something you shouldn't, or is locked, or you've turned on "secure empty trash."

2. We don't understand what you mean by "can't rename files and folders." Can you be more specific about how you're going about that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.